“We take the good with the bad and try to really focus on the good,” said entrepreneur and advocate Juan Wilson. “All we can do is move forward. I’m just continuing to move forward, and hopefully the light gets closer at the end of the tunnel.”
As the founder of #YESPVD!, Juan produces events and activities focused on education, entrepreneurship, career exploration, and community and civic engagement to engage youth ages 13-24. He spoke with me about:
- How he’s applied a mindset of continuous improvement and proactiveness to himself and his community work — and what this means for him during quarantine.
- The many times his cousin Michael Van Leesten proudly introduced him as the person who first brought Jay-Z to Providence.
- How it feels to see his community severely impacted by the coronavirus.
- The realities of having his family of five home “all at once, all the time.”
- What #YESPVD! is doing to keep youth engaged and learning during the stay at home orders.
Juan knows a thing or two about perseverance, so let’s hope that light is getting closer.
SOURCE: Coronacast 17